Campus Ministry records
Scope and Contents note
This is a small collection of records of the Campus Ministry. The collection includes letters and announcements sent by the Campus Ministry to students; summaries of the religious affiliation of students (1947-1952); mass and novena cards; posters and flyers; printed prayers; hymn, and remembrance cards; copies of the illustrated weekly bulletin the Mirror (1926-1931); copies of the weekly bulletin 'Neath the Spires (1939-1941); printed letters to Villanova Students from Father Edward V. Stanford (1931); and retreat brochures. The collection also includes a volume of notes on religious life at Villanova between 1926 and 1943. This volume lists officiants at services and describes student attendance at mass and confession.
Conditions Governing Access note
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
For permissions to reproduce or to publish, please contact Distinctive Collections staff.
Villanova University traces its origins to old Saint Augustine's Church in Philadelphia, which the Augustinians founded in 1796, and to its parish school, Saint Augustine's Academy, established in 1811. Villanova University has been sponsored by the Augustinian Order since its founding in 1842. Reflecting traditions of Roman Catholic and Augustinian spirituality, Villanova's Campus Ministry engages in every aspect of University life through prayer, liturgy, community service, and pastoral care.
1 Linear feet
Language of Materials
- Guide to Campus Ministry records
- Rev. Dennis J. Gallagher, OSA, Beaudry Allen, Gerald Dierkes
- April 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Villanova University Archives Repository
800 E Lancaster Ave